AIR PURIFIERS & HUMIDIFIERS
Indoor Air Pollution Facts
The federal Environmental Protection Agency has published several articles that discuss indoor air quality in homes. A Trane Whole Home Air Purifier. The facts described in the articles may alarm you, especially if you have allergies or other medical conditions.
- Air pollutants inside your home can affect your children’s health as well as older household members.
- Symptoms caused by indoor air quality problems include headaches, coughing, sore throats, congestion, dry eyes, and fatigue.
- Certain medical conditions can worsen due to poor indoor air quality; including heart disease, cancer and respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Common household airborne pollutants include smoke, nitrogen dioxide, pet dander, mold spores, radon gas, dust mites, carbon monoxide, and volatile organic compounds, commonly known as VOCs.
Many homeowners that we speak to about indoor air quality are surprised to learn that the air inside their homes is filled with airborne pollutants and most homes have higher levels of poor air quality that what you experience outside. When you consider the amount of time that you spend inside your home, the unwanted effects of poor indoor air quality become apparent.
What is a Whole Home Air Purification System?
Whole home air purification systems are designed to clean the air in larger spaces. The systems will remove even the smallest particles of mold, smoke, pet dander and other airborne pollutants. You may already have an air purifier in your home, but these devices are designed to only clean a limited portion of your house. Airborne pollutants still exist in other rooms, and your HVAC system can deliver the pollutants into every room.
Benefits of Whole Home Air Purification Systems
- Incorporated into your existing HVAC system
- Sized according to the square footage of your home
- Discrete placement in the return vent or inside the wall or ceiling
- Low profile design
- Quick, easy installation
- Easy maintenance
- Removes microscopic pollutants throughout your home
Living with poor indoor air quality can cause a range of symptoms, many of which are believed to be associated with the changing seasons in Utah. Energy-efficient homes actually have the highest degree of indoor air quality problems because the windows and doors are tightly sealed. As a result, any pollutants remain trapped inside the structure. Older homes are not without issues, though. Poor insulation allows drafts into your home that carry mold, allergens, and other pollutants.
Do Whole Home Air Purification Systems Really Help?
When combined with periodic HVAC maintenance services on your ductwork and other components, whole home air purification systems can greatly reduce the amount of airborne pollutants inside your home. S&S Mechanical specializes in whole home purification systems, and we can recommend the system that is right for your home and budget.
Indoor Air Quality and Our Comfort Club
The technicians of S&S Mechanical help keep your HVAC system running efficiently. We also look for signs that may indicate that the system is reducing your indoor air quality. We recommend our Comfort Club to homeowners who install whole home air purification systems to
- Maintain their HVAC systems with periodic inspections, cleaning and filter replacement
- Savings on repairs
- Priority Customer Status for service calls
- Comprehensive safety and operation checks that meet National ACCA Standards
Our helpful and friendly team are waiting for your call. Once you contact us about needed repairs, our technicians will arrive in easily identifiable, marked vans to provide the professional service you require. Also, ask about Gold Comfort Club membership. With that, you pay no after hour rates!
Trust Certification guarantees excellent service training
and high standards of customer service.
The Trust Certified Guarantee means your technician:
- Passed background check covering the past seven years
- Passed drug testing
- Passed the Trust Certified Technician Exam
- Received Trane Factory Technician Certification