Remember when your dad would say, “Time to change the swamp cooler pads, and get ready for summer.” Up the ladder you would go wondering if this is the
year I die from falling off the hot dirty roof. Summer came with the noisy, extra humid stinky air. Nostalgic it may be, would you want to do it today? Is it even possible for you to do it on today’s sophisticated cooling equipment?
In Washington County our heating and air conditioning equipment works hard. If compared to the run time hours on a car it would equal nearly 100,000 miles.
Do you run your car for 100,000 without oil change, tire rotation or tune up?
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO GET A SWAMP COOLER RUNNING EACH SPRING?
To get a swamp cooler ready to go for the whole season and keep your home cool you how to replace swamp cooler padsneed to replace the pads, clean the reservoir and pan, clean and inspect the fan, oil the bearings for the blower motor, attach
and inspect the water hose, adjust the float, clean the vent housing and duct work so that there is no dust from the winter blown into the house, re-coat the pan as needed, and treat the water as needed. These are just a few of the things that need to be inspected for safety each swamp cooler season.
Each year our professional technicians at S&S Mechanical receive over 40 hours of training to stay current on the changes in technology. They are fast, friendly, and very thorough. They do the best 25 pt. precision air conditioning tune ups in the county as well as new equipment installations. Act now in the pre- season and save. For only $79.00 we spring tune-ups for swamp coolers or air conditioner to get them running smooth and efficient.
SWAMP COOLERS MIGHT COST YOU MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN
Swamp coolers are great for dry climates but they do have their limitations. These limitations can actually cost more money. For instance, swamp coolers may work harder to cool your home actually costing more in energy bills each month. The more they run, the more the parts wear and unlike an air conditioner which does not run constantly and has premium efficiency cooling the home
- swamp coolers are most often at peak cooling efficiency up to 90 degree weather
- limited area square footage that they can cool. It is important to have the right size of swamp cooler and to have a tune-up set up each year to keep the system running at top performance as long as possible
- indoor cooling is not even, cooling zones are very uneven for swamp coolers since they usually have one or two vents in a building rather than central a/c which is in ever room
- swamp coolers are windy and noisy, in order to cool the home a swamp cooler pushes out a large volume of cool air in one or 2 spots and is definitely a loud operation
- swamp coolers bring in dust, pollen, and particles from the outside of the home that can irritate allergies and increase indoor air pollution (even with a new clean pad)
Each year our professional technicians at S&S Mechanical receive over 40 hours of training to stay current on the changes in technology. They are fast, friendly, and very thorough. They do the best 25 pt. precision air conditioning tune ups in the county as well as new equipment installations. Act now in the pre- season and save. For only $79.00 we can have your air conditioner running smooth and efficient.
DO I NEED A NEW SWAMP COOLER?
The life expectancy of most systems is 20 years at 15 they have lost a significant portion of its efficiency. This checklist will help determine whether you may need new equipment:
- Equipment is 20 years old.
- Equipment struggles to keep temperature when it is hot or cold outside.
- Equipment produces excessive noise.
- Equipment seems to be breaking down more often.
- Expensive repairs are required to keep units cooling or heating.
New equipment saves money on utilities, it is also an excellent way to insulate you from rising energy costs. New equipment is much quieter and carries parts/labor warranties up to 12 years. These wonderful warranties mean no out of pocket cost repairs for up to 12 years.
NEW A/C REBATES
Don’t count out a new air conditioner. We have options for every budget. There is no better time to buy than now. Rocky Mountain and Dixie Power both have substantial rebates for new high efficiency equipment. Best of all trade that old dinosaur of an air conditioner in for up to $1000.00 towards the cost of a new Trane Air Conditioning System. Financing is available with terms of 0% for up to 60 months OAC on qualifying equipment.
Don’t hesitate to call (435) 562-4490 day or night to take advantage of these great incentives to upgrade your old equipment to clean, quiet and efficient Trane Cooling and Heating by S&S Mechanical.